[Spice-devel] spice, video lags

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 08:36:02 PDT 2012

David Jaša píše v Čt 01. 11. 2012 v 16:09 +0100:
> tern at ryazagro.ru píše v St 10. 10. 2012 v 10:24 +0400:
> > Hello. I use on my server (HP Proliant DL380 G6 ) Centos 6.3 x 86_64
> > kvm + spice + qxl. All packages from standard Centos repos. When I
> > create virtual machine Windows 7 or Windows Xp – all ok. But if create
> > Linux VN (Fedora 17, Ubuntu 10 and other) I have problems with video -
> > picture twitches, no smooth scrolling, cursor movement in jittery.
>
> Jittery cursor sounds like missing guest tools - do you have them
> installed?
>
> David

Sorry, I didn't read properly - so first check if you have
spice-vdagentd up'n'running in all the linux guest. It should be part of
all distributions but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't installed by
default.

Second, if the problems persist, you can try to disable surfaces:

# cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/qxl.conf
Section "Device"
         Identifier  "qxl"
         Driver      "qxl"