[Spice-devel] [spice-protocol] Add .gitignore file

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 09:04:10 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:36:40PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> .gitignore is generated already, if we add it to git, we will have diff,
> so nack
>
> Do you have an issue with .gitignore generation? How?

Using git-version-gen + submodules, a freshly cloned module (or a module
where you ran 'git clone -dfx' and rm -rf'ed spice-protocol/spice-common if
they are submodule) will get a -dirty version number because the .gitignore
file in the submodule is generated too late (version number is generated at
configure time, .gitignore after make has been run, so the submodule is
marked as dirty).