[Spice-devel] [vdagent-win] mingw: Don't define OLDMSCVRT for mingw builds

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 05:33:36 PST 2012

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> When it's defined, this causes some fallback code to be used. In
> particular, this causes log messages to not get timestamps.
> Issue reported by Han Pilmeyer.

Iirc, this is on purpose if we don't want to have to ship our own new-enough msvcrt. The solution to that log messages not getting timestamp is to remove the logging code and use proper windows event log service instead, although I haven't investigated further.

You can also try to implement timing with old/default msvcrt, but I wouldn't bother going in that direction.

Ie, do we require a newer MSVCRT and keep doing logging the wrong way, or do we use default MSVCRT and switch to a proper logging. I don't think the timestamp are really wanted here anyway (why is it needed in the first place?), and people who need it can compile the agent without OLDMSVCRT or with MSVC.