[Spice-devel] Spice client terminated (exitcode = 13)

John/Amy Frye the.frye.family at pa.net
Sun Apr 21 23:55:35 PDT 2013

Dear Spice Developers:

When I run spicec to connect securely to a virtual machine, it exits
leaving me only with the info "exitcode = 13." I am unable to find what
this means.

The hypervisor log shows no errors. I checked other places for info or
problems: /var/log/audit/audit.log, /var/log/messages, dmesg output,
virsh dumpxml output, qemu.conf, ss output, and iptables.

The virtual machine is Fedora 18 running on the same.

As far as I know, spicec is talking to the hypervisor, as shown in the
latter's log via warnings from prior, failed attempts to connect.

Everything works fine when done unsecurely.

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Sincerely,
John Frye