[Spice-devel] aSPICE and oVirt proxy

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 08:52:35 PDT 2013

Hello SPICE developers!

When I was coding aSPICE I elected to use non-UI code from spicy. This may
have not been the wisest choice, because the recommended client is now
remote/virt-viewer. I'm guessing because spicy has not been maintained for
some time, it lacks logic to authenticate with a username to an oVirt
proxy.I have a few questions regarding this work.

1) Have I understood correctly that oVirt proxy support is what is lacking
in spicy?

2) Are there any other connection types that require a username?

3) Do you think it is feasible to isolate the code which deals with oVirt
proxy handling in virt-viewer and use that in aSPICE?

4) Am I better off porting the non-UI code from virt-viewer to Android and
using that instead of the non-UI code from spicy?

Thanks in advance for any input on this topic!

Sincerely,
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.