[Spice-devel] running gtk apps on kdm/kde gives very poor performance using qxl

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Feb 4 07:59:18 PST 2013

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> one minor, spice-vdagent is not started automatically after reboot by
> kdm, I have to do this manually via 'systemctl start
> spice-vdagentd.service' after which the desktop launches the
> userspace bit when logging in.

Have you tried:

systemctl enable spice-vdagent.service

> where the menu was snappy and responsive before it becomes not usable
> after launching a gtk based app, firefox for example or virt-manager.

I can not duplicate this on a RHEL/clone host running Fedora VMs.  Just out of curiosity, why would you want to run virt-manager inside of a VM?  You aren't doing nested KVM are you?

Just to clarify... you are running the KVM VM on the same machine or a different one and connecting to it via a SPICE client?  You mentioned ssh so I wasn't sure.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street