[Spice-devel] running gtk apps on kdm/kde gives very poor performance using qxl

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:02:20 PST 2013

Hello,

It seems I have somehow managed to forget to enable the service via
systemctl, must have done it the old way using chkconfig without
thinking.
Feel rather stupid about forgetting that one, ah well that takes care
of the minor issue, thanx.

About the big irritation.
To answer your question, I use virt-manager to connect to the virtual
host, to check settings. I know this can be done with virsh.
But since it's a gtk based application I tried it to see and noted
that it was also affected.
So no multiple layers of virtualization,just one host with multiple
guests on it (one windows,several linux most of which are terminal
only, one with a kdm/kde gui)

I tunnel my spice session through ssh to connect from a remote location.

Rob