[Spice-devel] Fixing the spice-gtk version scheme mess

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:49:53 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> In my opinion, we should follow what libvirt does here, send the patch to
> the list with a note indicating that it has already been pushed to fix the
> build.
> This is very helpful to let others know about such fixes. People have been
> reporting this issue on IRC for a few days now, and it was only when
> someone said git was building fine that I noticed this fix and could help
> them. I would probably have remembered about it if I had seen the patch on
> the ML..

It should be first contributor reaction (or user who want to help)  to
try a git build. Not searching through a general ML treating various
problems and projects related to Spice, at various point in time.

I follow spice-commits list. I invite others who needs your approach
to do that too.

--
Marc-André Lureau