[Spice-devel] [video-qxl 2/2] Default to only one head, not 4.

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 15:25:12 PST 2013

Hi,

On 01/12/2013 12:04 AM, Jeremy White wrote:
> On 01/11/2013 04:02 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 01/11/2013 10:34 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
>>> This makes the default display not stretch for 4096x768.
>>
>> Hmm this seems to expose a problem with your previous patch then,
>> as this second patch is not acceptable. Currently the user can
>> on the fly add new monitors to guests running the agent by
>> simply inside the remote-viewer window going to view->displays
>> and select an extra one, this would break that.
>>
>> So nack series.
>
> Hmm.  I've been making sure that no change I make impacts the gtk spice
> client connecting to a qemu fedora 17 guest.  But I don't see that
> option there.  I'll see about using remote viewer instead.
>
> Did you see an actual problem using the patch, or is just clear to you
> that there will be one?

The latter, with only 1 head, there will be no way to dynamically add
new displays (or so I expect).

 > As far as I know, all I changed was the default
> value, not what would be the underlying capacity.

AFAIK the value you are changing sets the maximum number of heads
during the xorg "session", so unless people create an xorg.conf
to override your change they will be limited to 1 head.

Regards,

Hans