[Spice-devel] [video-qxl 2/2] Default to only one head, not 4.

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Fri Jan 11 15:04:34 PST 2013

On 01/11/2013 04:02 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/11/2013 10:34 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
>> This makes the default display not stretch for 4096x768.
>
> Hmm this seems to expose a problem with your previous patch then,
> as this second patch is not acceptable. Currently the user can
> on the fly add new monitors to guests running the agent by
> simply inside the remote-viewer window going to view->displays
> and select an extra one, this would break that.
>
> So nack series.

Hmm.  I've been making sure that no change I make impacts the gtk spice
client connecting to a qemu fedora 17 guest.  But I don't see that
option there.  I'll see about using remote viewer instead.

Did you see an actual problem using the patch, or is just clear to you
that there will be one?  As far as I know, all I changed was the default
value, not what would be the underlying capacity.  But I am ignorant of
that code, and I do appreciate that it is the predominant use case for
the qxl driver.

Cheers,

Jeremy