[Spice-devel] USB device redirection to Windows 7 guest

Han Pilmeyer pilux at pilmeyer.nl
Tue Jan 22 10:30:07 PST 2013

Now that I have copy&paste working with the spice-guest-tools 0.3 (and
an update to the vioser driver), I thought I would have a look at the
next problem.

 From virt-viewer on Fedora 18 I try to redirect an USB thumb driver to
my Windows 7 guest. It doesn't matter what kind of USB device I
redirect, I always get the same error message. As soon as I try the
redirect, virt-viewer displays a pop-up message with this error: "USB
redirection error:  USB DISK Pro [0d7d:1320] at 3-20 rejected by host".
At the same time in the libvirt log file I get this message: "qemu-kvm:
Warning: speed mismatch trying to attach usb device USB Redirection
Device to bus usb.0".

Any suggestions to get this working?

BTW. The virt-manager console window does not allow USB device redirection.

Cheers,
Han