[Spice-devel] Fixing the spice-gtk version scheme mess

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 06:18:38 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 01:48:32PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Christophe Fergeau
> <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > But I agree with Hans that we currently are a bad upstream to work with
> > from a distro point of view, and that we need to improve on that...
>
> The fedora package was updated in fedora/koji for the reporter to
> check if it solves his problem

Such tests are generally done with a scratch build, not by pushing a
git snapshot to Fedora.

> before doing the release which was planned to come quickly
> after, as it did. There was only a few days between the two releases, and it was
> Christmas break.

You are ignoring what Hans has pointed out, that most of the time Fedora is
not using a pristine upstream release, but an arbitrary git snapshot, so
this is not only about this specific release.

If you mean that from now on, fedora packages will only be based on
official release tarballs with no additional patches, then all is good, and
I think this should be fine with Hans as well.