[Spice-devel] [(spice) PATCH RFC 0/2] Portability patch for non-Linux

Nahum Shalman nshalman at elys.com
Thu Jul 18 08:04:40 PDT 2013

This patch series includes one typo correction and one patch
for which I'd like feedback.

I don't fully understand the latency monitoring system, but I
did manage to figure out two interesting pieces of information:

1. TIOCOUTQ and SIOCOUTQ are the same number
$ grep TIOCOUTQ /usr/include/linux/sockios.h
#define SIOCOUTQ        TIOCOUTQ        /* output queue size (not sent + not acked) */

2. SIOCOUTQ is Linux only (as hinted by the fact that the header is a linux one.)

Other platforms (I'm on illumos) don't support reading the length of the TCP output
queue. I've tried to write a simple patch with some reasonable ifdef'ery to mark
that code Linux only and to fall back to a less ideal, but hopefully acceptable
alternative.

Comments very much requested.

Thanks!

-Nahum

 configure.ac         |    3 ++-
 server/red_channel.c |   14 ++++++++++++--