[Spice-devel] win-xp: uninstalling spice-guest-tools

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Fri Jul 26 14:27:03 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26 2013, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> And this was working before the installation of the guest drivers? I'm
> surprised these interact with -usb.

Hi Christophe,

Yes.

> I'd check in the device manager if drivers for the various virtio* devices
> are still there, and remove them by hand.

Thanks, your hint has helped:

After removing my 2 virtio ethernet cards, everything works nicely.

I've just removed "model=virtio" from my 2 "-net nic" options, and now
Win-XP works with spice and usb.

It seems, that the spice installation adds the virtio drivers at the
same time as the spice agent. That's why I thought it was a spice
problem. Sorry for the noise.

> Have you tried using spice USB redirection? I think this works without
> using -usb.

No. Thanks for the information, but I don't need it no more, because
-usb works now as expected.

Thanks for your efforts,
--
           Peter