[Spice-devel] porting the virt-viewer onto Android

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 07:16:31 PDT 2013

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> Dear Miss/Mr,
> I am an developer addicted to appliction development on Linux platform. And I
> have been enthusiastic over KVM technoly for while and experienced the spice
> client software virt-viewer. Now I'd like to port the virt-viewer onto
> Android platform. I find it difficult to implement it for me ,however,since
> I am in fact lacking experience on across-platformed transplant.
> Additionally I 've not grasped of the vir-viewer thoroughly. I would
> appreciate you if you can give me some suggestions.

Iordan implemented aSpice, it is part of bVNC

https://github.com/iiordanov/bVNC

There is no build instructions, but ndk-build should work. However, you need a bunch of libraries that are difficult to find or cross-compile yourself. It would be nice to automate this somehow with a cross-build system like cerbero.