[Spice-devel] allow config download with https

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 04:35:10 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:26:24AM +0000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > In my opinion, we could support running 'remote-viewer
> > https://proxmox.example.com/myvm.vv',
>
> Well, but we need to handle basic auth.
>
> >I guess gio/gvfs should be able to
> > fetch files from http[s] (no libcurl please ;). Is it what you (Dietmar) are
> > looking for?
>
> Why gvfs? libcurl look much simpler.

I'm not sure I agree with that. Using GVFS/GIO gives us code that
is completely protocol agnostic, it can be used with plain local
files, just as easily as with arbitrary URIs (whether HTPT, FTP,
SSH, or any other GVFS scheme). I'd not want to see libcurl used
unless there is some blocking technical limitation of GVFS that
can't be resolved.

Daniel