[Spice-devel] allow config download with https

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jul 26 04:41:14 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:26:24AM +0000, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > In my opinion, we could support running 'remote-viewer
> > https://proxmox.example.com/myvm.vv',
>
> Well, but we need to handle basic auth.

Couldn't an auth dialog be popped up when needed?

> >I guess gio/gvfs should be able to
> > fetch files from http[s] (no libcurl please ;). Is it what you (Dietmar) are
> > looking for?
>
> Why gvfs? libcurl look much simpler.

libcurl would look a bit alien in the rest of the code base, and if we ever
want to do the download asynchronously, we won't get integration with the
glib mainloop for free, ... Alternatively, I'd suggest using libsoup as
Marc-André  proposed (I'm not sure how good gio/gvfs https support is ;)