[Spice-devel] "configure: error: At least one of spice or vnc must be used" on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 x64

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 07:52:02 PDT 2013

Hello and thank you for this great software!

I have Ubuntu 12.04 (x32 & x64bit) and I'm trying to make spice-client to
work by using a gui tool like virt-viewer.

What I have already done:

1. sudo apt-get install spice-client
2. sudo apt-get install spice-client-gtk
3. made a temp folder and then:

wget
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/download/sources/virt-viewer/virt-viewer-0.5.6.tar.gz

4. tar xzvf virt-viewer-0.5.6.tar.gz and cd /virt-viewer-0.5.6
5. sudo ./configure and immediatelly after that I get the following message:

"configure: error: At least one of spice or vnc must be used"

I'm stuck at this point and don't know what to do.
Is this the correct procedure? Is there another way to have a gui front end
for spice-client?

Thank you for your time,

Yannis