[Spice-devel] client viewer - not able to connect

Fedor Lyakhov fedor.lyakhov at gmail.com
Tue May 7 09:18:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've been struggling with the very same problem today (host - latest CentOS
6.4, guest - Fedora 18). Certainly there is a strong need for user guide
covering such basics...
I've solved it with 2 steps:
1. At virt-manager remove Graphics device and add new Spice graphics,
select 'Listen on all public interfaces' - by default it listens at
127.0.0.1 only! After that you should be able to connect to VM at the host
via 'spicec -h <public IP address of host> -p 5900' (first used port by
default, if this is the first machine running at the host...)

2. Add iptables rule to allow connection to this port (not sure what
protocol to use, udp or tcp or both? I've added all). Need to make sure
this new rule is above default REJECT rule (this note applicable to CentOS
at least).

-Fedor

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Marian Krcmarik <mkrcmari at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Best regards,