[Spice-devel] [patch 0/2] vdagent KEYVAL extension

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Thu Oct 10 16:20:49 CEST 2013

> > So the following message could in fact replace all existing messages for
> keyboard input:
> >
> >      message {
> >        uint32 keyval;
> >        uint32 scancode;
> >        keyboard_keyval_flags flags;
> >     } @ctype(SpiceMsgcKeyKeyval) key_keyval;
> >

> Let's keep the messages seperate, as only one or the other will be used by the
> remote.

Sorry, I do not understand that?

> Btw, scancode sequences can be arbitrary long in the current protocol.
> (there are scancode of 3-bytes out-there, even though we haven't really tested
> or supported them so far afaik)

Ok, so I will add more space for scancodes. I have further optimized my patch,
and I currently use:

      message {
        uint32 keysym;
        uint32 scancode_down;
        uint32 scancode_up;
    } @ctype(SpiceMsgcKeyX11Keysym) key_x11_keysym;

There is no need for flags, because

scancode_down != 0  >> DOWN
scancode_up != 0  >> UP

Scancode length is easily comutable (code[0] == 0xe0 ....)

This new message can completely replace all other keyboard messages.

What do you think?