[Spice-devel] FOSDEM'14

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 02:15:35 PDT 2013

Hey Fedor,

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 01:06:18PM +0400, Fedor Lyakhov wrote:
> Hello Spice developers,
>
> I'm planning to visit FOSDEM this year, hope to meet you in 'real
> life'. As I'm a newbie, there are few questions which bother me:
>
> 1. Do you know whether Virtualization devroom will be hosted at this
> FOSDEM as it was in 2013? Will any Spice-related topics be discussed
> there?
[snip]
> 3. Right now I'm working on a media redirection idea for VoIP
> applications for Spice, there is a chance I'd have something to show
> and discuss with you at that time - so how should I arrange this talk?
> As part of Virtualization devroom, when it is confirmed? Or lightning
> talk? Right now FOSDEM calls for main tracks and devrooms, no info
> about other talk forms is published - guess I just need to wait? Don't
> want to miss the opportunity...

Yup, for now you just need to wait, currently people can apply to organize
a devroom about their topic of interest, then FOSDEM organizers will
accept/reject these applications. Once the accepted devrooms are known,
then the organizers of these devrooms will start looking for speakers, then
you can apply. I'd recommend applying for both a talk in the (hypothetical)
Virtualization devroom, and for a lightning talk (dunno how these ones are
organized).
I expect to be attending FOSDEM this year again.

Hope that helps,