[Spice-devel] Questions on usbredir + XSpice

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 02:34:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 08/06/2014 05:17 PM, Jeremy White wrote:
>> I would advice against going for a protocol translater, your time would
>> better spend on doing this properly right away.
>
> You don't think the kernel guys will push back, saying there is already an existing ip-to-usb device, and we should just use that one?

No I don't expect push back, several people have shown interest in
having usbredir support in the kernel for cases like this.

The existing usb-ip which currently is in staging is a rather poor
protocol which lacks support for any smarts like pre-queuing
urbs for isoc modes so as to make sure those work reliable, etc.

Regards,

Hans