[Spice-devel] spice-xpi client fails to run

Alex digger86 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:31:51 PST 2014

Hi, I have a RHEV 3.3 environment but I run 3.17.4-1-ARCH on my work station and would like to access the RHEV spice server on the VM's,  I have also tried with openSuSE but I never get the expected "Spice window frame" that I would get if I used a  RHEL system with the spice-xpi.  The spice frame has other options for the VM, e.g. usb options. As seen in the below link:
http://tinyurl.com/kwpqm8y
I suspect this is due to the below that I have found in my logs:
Dec 08 08:59:57 linux-rocks firefox.desktop[1378]: (plugin-container:1473): SpiceXPI-CRITICAL **: controller connect: No such file or directoryDec 08 08:59:57 linux-rocks firefox.desktop[1378]: SpiceXPI-Message: failed to run spice-xpi-client, running spicec instead
How can I get my system to run the xpi client instead of using spicec?
I am using firefox 34.0.5
Let me know if any other info is needed?
-Alex