[Spice-devel] virt-viewer in separate x server : usb redirection problem and general talk

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 04:45:37 PST 2014

Hi,

I want to have a normal DE session and a bunch of virt-managers in
kiosk mode running in separate x servers on predefined virtual
consoles. I've tried varios approaches including xinit, xinitrc and
kdm static servers but never got what I wanted. Troubles are:

1) No usb redirection if virt-viewer is running in separate X. Upon
plugging in any usb device I get "Error setting usb device node ACL:
not authorized" I thought it could be fixed if I lauch a kdm in
separate x to make auth with system. But no, the error is totally the
same.

2) If I launch  a new X server, my system focuses on it immediately.
That's a bit confusing since I originally wanted to run them

3) The only instrument to set both DISPLAY and VT is xinit. I can
white a small python deamon which lauches xinits based on config file
and libvirt api. But that looks like way overkill for the task. Not to
mension that xinit forks X and I have to kill a bunch of different
pids.

So, what would you suggest me to do?

Thanks in advance, Ivan