[Spice-devel] virt-viewer in separate x server : usb redirection problem and general talk

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 03:43:30 PST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 04:45:37PM +0400, Krutskikh Ivan wrote:
> 1) No usb redirection if virt-viewer is running in separate X. Upon
> plugging in any usb device I get "Error setting usb device node ACL:
> not authorized" I thought it could be fixed if I lauch a kdm in
> separate x to make auth with system. But no, the error is totally the
> same.

This bit goes through
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.spice-space.lowlevelusbaccess.policy and
the /usr/libexec/spice-gtk-x86_64/spice-client-glib-usb-acl-helper suid
helper. It's probably possible to adjust the polkit policy so that your
usecase works.

> 2) If I launch  a new X server, my system focuses on it immediately.
> That's a bit confusing since I originally wanted to run them

I don't understand this issue, the last sentence seems to be cut off?