[Spice-devel] What's the best Thin Client choice for spice?

Fabio Fantoni fantonifabio at tiscali.it
Sat Jul 12 09:02:26 PDT 2014

Il 10/07/2014 03:54, 孤小殇 ha scritto:
> I've tried several Linux Distributions to act as the Thin Client OS to
> use spice,
> but all of them are way too large, for example, Ubuntu 14.04 server
> takes almost 1000M after installation and it increased to 1200M after
> installing X.
> And installing spice and all it's dependencies made it worse.
>
> So what Thin Client OS do you guys choose? I know there's
> a openthinclient, is there some more open source TC OS?
> Or is there some way to build my own TC OS which is thin enough?

I also tried very small thin client installation with Trusty, fluxbox
launched only with consolekit ecc... but I was unable to have usbredir
working and I had installed gdm and part of recommends to have spice
with usbredir and policykit full working.
I not found exactly all software very needed by spice but not in its
configure for do installation for old thin client with only 1 gb of
internal nand :(