[Spice-devel] Inpout Channel Mouse Down

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 15:28:59 PDT 2014

----- Original Message -----
> My QT4 wrapper round the spice lib is going well, to the stage where I'm
> displaying screens and sending them mouse input.
>
> One quirk I can't figure out is the Mouse down event. When I send it to the
> VM
> it seems to immediately send a mouse up as well.
>
> So if I press and hold on a button in the VM, instead of the button just
> staying down, it behaves as if I clicked and released.
>
> I've checked via Debug output statements that I'm definitely not calling a
> "spice_inputs_button_release", only a single "spice_inputs_button_press".
>
> I don't seem to be doing anything different from the gtk spice-widget, maybe
> there's some property settings I'm missing or something?

I wasn't involved at early spice-gtk time, so I have never seen such problem.

My guess: make sure the current button_state doesn't have already the button you are pressing:

spice_inputs_button_press (channel=0x773e20, button=1, button_state=0)
spice_inputs_button_release (channel=0x773e20, button=1, button_state=1)