[Spice-devel] Question on Windows

Robert Willemin RWillemin at cherryroad.com
Tue Mar 11 18:13:37 PDT 2014

Support,

The Linux magazine article mentioned your product.  Normally when I need a remote desktop, we use mstsc.exe. We have VPN connections that then allow the mstsc connection.  I was on your download page and I would like to know for a Windows7 workstation on both ends, which downloads would I choose?

So I get the client to server connection. Do you support a remote desktop for Windows7 to Windows7. If so,  I need the client on my remote laptop. I am not sure which product to use on the machine that I connect to. Can you explain?  I am assuming that Windows7 is fine. I also need to connect to Server 2008 and 2012.

The Linux servers that we use and connect to could use a little explanation. Do I need to use qemu to connect to Linux?

Can you give me a simple list of downloads to use for Linux and Windows?
Would you also have a standard configuration setting for Windows and Linux?
I am assuming that we still use the VPN to connect before we start a SPICE session. Correct?

Product looks great. I am anxious to try using it.

Thanks,
Bob Willemin