[Spice-devel] Sound problems

Qiang wangqiang.hunan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:28:13 PST 2014

Hi, Klaus

I met the same issue, like you saied: hear a regular click (sort of)
every few seconds.

what I do is: rebuild xserver-xorg-video-qxl, spice, qemu. Everything
goes fine.

Please make sure your code include this patch:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2014-April/016645.html

Opus requires a frequency of 48000; it will not operate at 44100
If you want to know which codec is used, you need to enable debug.

Try to print more log like;
  sin->st->frequency = SND_CODEC_CELT_PLAYBACK_FREQ; /* Default to

For client make sure the client_can_opus=1 snd_codec_is_capable is True

Hope it can help you.