[Spice-devel] Sound problems

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 03:07:28 PST 2014

Hey,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 02:28:13PM +0800, Qiang wrote:
> I met the same issue, like you saied: hear a regular click (sort of) every
> few seconds.
>
> what I do is: rebuild xserver-xorg-video-qxl, spice, qemu. Everything goes
> fine.

Hmm in theory, the addition of the Opus code should be
backwards-compatible, meaning that you should not get bugs if you don't
rebuild everything at once. There was a bug which would cause some too
fast playback if you installed a new spice-server with Opus support, and
rebuilt an older QEMU without Opus support against it, this was fixed by
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice/commit/?id=288cf77f80
If there are more issues, it would be interesting to know how to
reproduce so that this can be improved.