[Spice-devel] Fwd: a question about Xspice

cynthia cynthia_115 at 163.com
Wed Oct 22 08:29:09 PDT 2014

At 2014-10-22 19:26:20, "Uri Lublin" <uril at redhat.com> wrote:
>On 10/22/2014 11:37 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Forwarding this to you guys from the xorg-devel list.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hans

Dear Uri,

Thank you so so much for your mail , it's very important.

I started to learn Xspice because Our team are trying to find a solution to Linux virtual desktop. Today I created a Fedora guest OS and found there are already pre-installed vdagent and qxl driver in it. My spice client can connect to the server and logged into the guest, the most important part is the qxl dirver in guest is working, I think the Linux virtual desktop works, but i didn't do any Xspice thing,  i use the host used to hosting Windows guest. In my opinion spice client will be able to access to physical machine when an spice server package is installed, but what do we use Xspice for?  and what will setting environment variables for X server in the host and enabling video, mouse and keyboard driver(libspiceqxl_drv.so) help for?

It's a little long mail, many questions in my head. Anyway ,thank you Uri again:)

B R
Cynthia