[Spice-devel] [Spice-commits] 5 commits - gtk/Makefile.am vapi/Makefile.am

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 05:59:04 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:53:19PM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > We can play that game for a while, but I'm not sure this is going to go
> > very far :) You initially sent the patches so I assume this means you
> > wanted a review. I spent some time on them, and indicated that they
> >

> I sent them, because u said we need to send them too in spice-devel, even
> when sending trivial fixes, although they already go in spice-commits.

My understanding is that you sent the patches to the mailing list, I
reviewed them, you split the patches and then pushed. If that's not what
happened, then I got confused in the way.
When patches have already been pushed, it's customary to add a "Pushed
under the XX rule" (with XX being 'build breaker', 'trivial', 'doc',
...), this makes it obvious to the reviewer that it's already in.

> I disagree with this duplication, so I am doing it for you, to sum up.

Thanks for that :)

> understanding from your side when I mentioned that they were not
> > reviewed.
> > Regarding commit rules, I'm not aware of any written policy, so I just
> > assume them to be the same as other projects I'm familiar with.
> >

> We already discussed this several times.

Kind of, this did not really reach a conclusion unfortunately.
I still think apart from build breakers, build system changes are always
non-trivial.