[Spice-devel] are there any new spice protocol document?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 03:33:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 04:41:41PM +0800, Dennis Chen wrote:
> Hi,
> I am studying spice protocol, and I found a document here :
> http://www.spice-space.org/docs/spice_protocol.pdf,
> which is draft and version is 1.0.
>
> Just want to know is this document new enough ( I try to write a proxy to
> study from the real communication, but I found there are some extra data
> fields that is not defined in this document)
>
> Are there any new document, If yes, where can I get it?

I'm afraid there is not a more up to date version of this document
except from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-common/tree/spice.proto and more
generally spice/spice-gtk sources.
What kind of proxy are you trying to develop? Recent spice-gtk versions
are able to use a HTTP CONNECT proxy rather than a direct connection to
the host running the SPICE server.