[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer -- am I using the correct howto?

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Wed Feb 4 08:56:37 PST 2015

On 02/04/2015 10:07 AM, John Griessen wrote:
> So, next I will test if webdav is enabling file transfers.

Still cannot get the webdav installer to completion:
Windows 7 error message:
Service 'Spice webdav proxy' (spice-webdavd) failed to start.
Verify that you have sufficient privileges.

I double clicked this program in win7:

http://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/spice-webdavd-x86-0.1.24.msi
Which was packed up in a .iso image by genisoimage run on debian linux.

Am I using the correct howto for file sharing or transfer?

This has gone on for days now, and I'd like to ask if I'm using the right instructions.
I want file transfers between debian linux testing host and win7 guest.

I started using virt-manager then dropped that when I hit this wall:

https://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/manual.html#_folder_sharing

"It’s currently not possible to configure folder sharing with virt-manager."

Is this the instruction manual I should be using if I want to
use virsh start, virt-viewer?  What other tutorials are good?

Is there another way that is simpler such as using samba, and where are the best instructions
for that way?