[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer -- am I using the correct howto?

Marc-André Lureau mlureau at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 03:57:50 PST 2015

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Marc-André Lureau < mlureau at redhat.com >
> wrote:
>

> > Could you tell me the command used inside the .msi file to create the
> > service, so that I can manually reproduce and see which kind of error I
> > receive?
>
> It's created by Windows installer, see ServiceInstall in
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/phodav/tree/spice-webdavd.wxs.in
>
> So I think I understand the source of the problem.. it is referred as
>
> <File Id='spicewebdavd' Name='spice-webdavd.exe' DiskId='1'
> Source='$(var.DESTDIR)/sbin/spice-webdavd.exe' KeyPath='yes'/>
>
> but actually in my win 32 install from spice-webdavd-x86-0.1.24. msi the exe
> file is in "bin", not "sbin" directory (that doesn't exist at all)...

Source is for the location on disk during MSI creation. Not the location after install.
The install location is given by the Directory structure:

+    <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">
+      <Directory Id="$(var.ArchProgramFilesFolder)">
+        <Directory Id="INSTALLDIR" Name="SPICE webdavd">
+          <Directory Id="Dbindir" Name="bin">