[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer -- am I using the correct howto?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:54:19 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Marc-André Lureau <mlureau at redhat.com>
wrote:

> > Could you tell me the command used inside the .msi file to create the
> > service, so that I can manually reproduce and see which kind of error I
> > receive?
>
> It's created by Windows installer, see ServiceInstall in
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/phodav/tree/spice-webdavd.wxs.in

So I think I understand the source of the problem.. it is referred as

              <File Id='spicewebdavd' Name='spice-webdavd.exe' DiskId='1'
Source='$(var.DESTDIR)/sbin/spice-webdavd.exe' KeyPath='yes'/>

but actually in my win 32 install from spice-webdavd-x86-0.1.24.msi
<http://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/spice-webdavd-x86-0.1.24.msi> the exe file
is in "bin", not "sbin" directory (that doesn't exist at all)...

Gianluca