[Spice-devel] RFC - Direct smart card support in libcacard/spice-gtk

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Jan 19 07:09:02 PST 2015

>> Feedback appreciated.  If it doesn't seem offensive, I will likely
>> polish it a bit and submit it properly.
>
> Great! I think this is a better fit, thanks. For a quick glance, the spice-gtk patch looks good, I would try to keep the "smartcard" prefix in options and properties though (--smartcard-type=passthrough?). Please submit the libcacard patch to qemu when you feel ready.

Alright, the qemu bits are submitted here:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-01/msg02135.html

With an arguably mandatory set of other qemu fixes here:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-01/msg02131.html
and here:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-01/msg02132.html

And the revised spice-gtk patch, with a smartcard=[type] instead of a
whole new option, has been sent here:
  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2015-January/018629.html

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks in advance for any review you can offer.

Cheers,

Jeremy