[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer

John Griessen john at industromatic.com
Sat Jan 31 04:16:36 PST 2015

On 01/31/2015 01:05 AM, Pavel Grunt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Spice-html5 does not support webdav. It is included in spice-gtk since v0.24.

OK thanks.  webdav is one way, but your new file transfer method seems even better to me.

I seem to have version 0.25 packages on my host:

ii  libspice-client-gtk-2.0-4:amd64         0.25-1+b1     amd64        GTK2 widget for SPICE clients (runtime library)
ii  libspice-client-gtk-2.0-dev             0.25-1+b1     amd64       GTK2 widget for SPICE clients (development files)
ii  libspice-client-gtk-3.0-4:amd64         0.25-1+b1     amd64     GTK3 widget for SPICE clients (runtime library)
ii  libspice-client-gtk-3.0-dev             0.25-1+b1     amd64      GTK3 widget for SPICE clients (development files)
ii  gir1.2-spice-client-gtk-2.0             0.25-1+b1     amd64      GTK2 widget for SPICE clients (GObject-Introspection)
ii  gir1.2-spice-client-gtk-3.0             0.25-1+b1     amd64      GTK3 widget for SPICE clients (GObject-Introspection)

but the symptom I saw was the Windows program installer failed, so I was interested in going with your new way
of doing file transfers.

The failing step was this program:

http://elmarco.fedorapeople.org/spice-webdavd-x86-0.1.24.msi

Is that windows driver installer good for a x86_64 windows 7 guest?
Does it need a 32 bit guest?
Is there another source of it that works?

Should I be building that windows driver component -- the docs seemed to say to do
that on windows or cross compile and it's a difficult barrier for my setup, so I was
asking about your new method that requires no special windows driver, but uses HTML5 instead.

Building the host side seems simpler in my situation than building the windows components,
so if I compile host side programs, what tag or release should I build?

Thanks,

John Griessen