[Spice-devel] windows guest file transfer

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Sat Jan 31 04:30:47 PST 2015

Hi John,

 > OK thanks.  webdav is one way, but your new file transfer method seems
 > even better to me.

John, for Pavel's new code, you would need spice-html5 from the most
recent git tree; there is no release that contains it.

Pavel, let me know if you'd like me to do a release to fix that.

If you wish to use spice-html5, you would  not use any clients; you
would need a web server to serve up the html.  You would then need a
host to run your guest environment; generally that would be qemu of some
kind, or XSpice for pure Linux guests.

Note that you may find the spice-html5 client unsatisfying; it's good
for modest use for Linux guests.  But the gtk client is generally
better, and is far better for Windows guests.

(Of course, fixing Windows support in spice-html5 should be easy, low
hanging fruit, in case anyone is bored and listening <grin>).

Cheers,

Jeremy