[Spice-devel] Cac redirection through spice client

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Thu May 14 08:29:09 PDT 2015

Thomas,

I don't understand your issue/question. I'll write a few notes about
smart card sharing architecture in spice so that we're at the same page
regarding terminology:

      * in Client system, remote-viewer accesses the smart card using
        pkcs#11 module (library) that has to be registered in NSS
        library database
      * the data is transferred over the network to spice-server which
        transfers them to qemu which shares them via emulated smart card
        reader. The emulated card reader needs the drivers (in the
        Windows guest) and the card itself may require drivers as well
      * if your client OS and guest OS are of the same kind, the
        configuration required in guest OS to make card accessible for
        programs is the same as in your client OS

What I don't understand are your mentions of spice client complaining
about incorrect drivers - I'd expect such messages being produced by
Windows running in the guest. Would you mind sharing a screenshot, or
describing your setup in greater detail (or the steps you did so far)?

David