[Spice-devel] Cac redirection through spice client

Thomas Foster thomas.foster80 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 03:29:20 PDT 2015

David,

I was stating in the last email that  I was able to find out the driver
that was needed for the client (GemPC 433) which is an old card and the
drivers for that cac reader does not work with Windows 7+.  I am able to
get my cac working on my vm's..I was just trying to figure out what driver
was needed when you add smartcard to the vm and you use the spice client.
That's when I used the pcworld link to find out the card it was trying to
use (GemPC 433).  I have attached a screenshot of the 2 cac readers. The
microsoft usbccid works great with rdp, but through the spice client the
second device "Smart Card" with the exclamation is the the GemPC 433 cac
card reader that I'm guessing spice is trying to emulate..  When I add the
drivers for the unknown device it shows as not supported because the
drivers are too old for a windows 7 vm.
​

Is there a way to get the spice client to use a more updated cac reader for
the spice client?

screenshots from top to bottom(missing driver, search for the driver
parent, search for device driver, found device driver with only support for
up to XP).

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YKYK8tZF1zdUpCZjVmdGZYa3hScEtfczhYemRJdFdnUGlF/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YKYK8tZF1zTGhjMkFENl8xWFVYMHdqSEZtcHBfMHJWY3RZ/edit?usp=docslist_api

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YKYK8tZF1zeXNicWEwVUg4VDY4Q01lbDJPWXdMZ1c1LTdJ/edit?usp=docslist_api