[Spice-devel] spice-html5 and raw PCM playback

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Tue May 19 08:49:33 PDT 2015

> I have tried to add the audio device when the client is connected, but I
> can't do it while the virtual machine is running, and I can't keep the
> client connected whith the machine turned off or during a reboot.
>
> I'm using virt-manager to do this and I don't know if there's another
> way to do it, if not, is there a way to tell spice to always use opus?

I can't think of a way to do it from the command line or by adjusting
anything.  I would test my theory to see if it's right, first.
Unfortunately, I can only think of a source code change to test that.

The attached patch to qemu should do that; it forces the frequency to
48000.  That won't inherently force Opus, but if Celt is used, things
will sound squeaky :-).

Cheers,

Jeremy