[Spice-devel] spice-html5 and raw PCM playback

lgcortinas lgcortinas at gradiant.org
Tue May 19 07:55:42 PDT 2015

El 18/05/15 a las 18:48, Jeremy White escribió:
> I do have one possible theory - if qemu initializes the audio device
> before your client is connected, then spice will not provide opus
> support. (That is, qemu needs to know what frequency to create the
> audio line at; it asks spice for advice on that. Spice basically says:
> "if I know the client is opus capable, then give 48000, an opus
> compatible frequency, otherwise, give 44100, an opus excluding
> frequency").

I have tried to add the audio device when the client is connected, but I
can't do it while the virtual machine is running, and I can't keep the
client connected whith the machine turned off or during a reboot.

I'm using virt-manager to do this and I don't know if there's another
way to do it, if not, is there a way to tell spice to always use opus?

Best.
Lorenzo.