[Spice-devel] aspeed: video frames pass-through

Anton D. Kachalov mouse at yandex-team.ru
Wed Nov 18 07:29:23 PST 2015

18.11.2015, 17:46, "Christophe Fergeau" <cfergeau at redhat.com>:

>>  May be better to use memcpy? It is align-safe.
>
> Oh yeah could definitely work better, not very familiar with this kind of problems
> :)

memcpy works like a charm! Visually I don't see any performance regression on our ARM SoC during video streaming. May be a little CPU usage (~3-5% overhead comparing to unpacked/aligned structures).

I may try to modify codegen to use memcpy and publish it among marshaller.c on git. Would you mind to perform a perf tests on it then?

--
Anton D. Kachalov