[Spice-devel] aspeed: video frames pass-through

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 08:04:29 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 06:29:23PM +0300, Anton D. Kachalov wrote:

> 18.11.2015, 17:46, "Christophe Fergeau" <cfergeau at redhat.com>:
> >>
> >>  May be better to use memcpy? It is align-safe.
> >
> > Oh yeah could definitely work better, not very familiar with this kind of problems
> > :)
>
> memcpy works like a charm! Visually I don't see any performance regression on our ARM SoC during video streaming. May be a little CPU usage (~3-5% overhead comparing to unpacked/aligned structures).
>
> I may try to modify codegen to use memcpy and publish it among
> marshaller.c on git. Would you mind to perform a perf tests on it
> then?

Seems to be the very first method in
spice-protocol/codegen/demarshallers.py: write_parser_helpers() which
generates the read_* methods.
I can run some tests with these changes, but I'm not sure this will
show anything very relevant, unless I focus on a micro-benchmark testing
mostly the marshalling/demarshalling performance. Might be best to wrap
that in a #ifdef ARM ?