[Spice-devel] [NSIS 10/13] build: Add make dist

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 03:49:52 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:09:14AM +0200, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Christophe Fergeau
> <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> > As I said in the previous iterations, I'd rather drop 1/10.
>
> In case you missed that, we made it show the nsis branding only for ovirt.

I know, I still disagree with it, even more so with it wrapped in a
!ifdef. I don't think we credit Red Hat as sponsoring this, nor do you
advertise that the oVirt installer is based on some earlier work on a
SPICE installer, we don't advertise it's free software you can get the
source of, ... so I really don't see why nsis should be prominently
advertised in our installer while not mentioning any of these other
things (the fact that this is free software and that you can see, modify
and reuse the installer source is IMO much more important than which
framework it's built on).

I forgot if the installer has a licence screen, but if you want to put
some kind of credits, they probably would fit better there.

> > It seems it would be possible to have this automation directory in a
> > separate ovirt-wgt-ci git repository, and have build-artifact.sh clone
> > the right repository before building?
>
> In the past, all ovirt projects were handled like that,

This installer is not an oVirt project. It's an upstream project that
you happen to be using in oVirt.