[Spice-devel] [NSIS 10/13] build: Add make dist

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 01:09:14 PST 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:03:06AM +0200, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:

>> > I've now pushed all these patches except for the 1st and last one, I
>> > hope the authorship change was ok.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Any specific changes for these last two to get them merged?
>
> As I said in the previous iterations, I'd rather drop 1/10.

In case you missed that, we made it show the nsis branding only for ovirt.

> Regarding
> 10/10, I haven't really looked at it yet. It's quite a few files, and my

Indeed, inside a single directory.

> understanding is that it's very specific to oVirt infrastructure (ie if
> I have my own jenkins instance, these files are not going to be usable
> by it unless I do more tweaking to it).

Right.

> Comparing this with the single hidden file which was added to libcacard
> for travis-ci integration does not make it very compelling..

Didn't look at it, but I guess it's mostly a matter of taste.

> It seems it would be possible to have this automation directory in a
> separate ovirt-wgt-ci git repository, and have build-artifact.sh clone
> the right repository before building?

In the past, all ovirt projects were handled like that, and it caused
lots of problems, main one being coordination of the various versions/
branches of each. Therefore it was decided about this new structure,
where each project maintains its own stuff, where you then do not need
such coordination.
--
Didi