[Spice-devel] I am a China java development engineer, i had a chinese keyboard qusetion need to be solved

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 15:16:26 UTC 2016

If understood correctly the problem is easy to define, not to fix!

Basically what he's trying to do is using an Android keyboard to send
Chinese characters to the VM. The problem is that the protocol does
not handle characters but key strokes and it's currently impossible
to send Chinese characters to the VM directly. To use the current
protocol requires the client to know the input method used by the
VM and send proper keystrokes which leads to the expected characters.
If you even have seen Chinese input methods this is, as far as I
know, so complex and prone to fail to be really not approachable.
So, or there is an unknown to me input method that easily (in a
deterministic and not too complicated way) can convert keystrokes
to characters or you should avoid the protocol approach.
Another way to solve this would be to change the client agent to
support injecting characters instead of keystrokes.
The last way that came into my mind to solve the issue is to avoid
Android keyboards and use a keyboard that can send keystrokes
instead.

As said I don't know Chinese input methods that much.

Frediano