[Spice-devel] MediaRedirection

Kenny Zhang ahrimanghost at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 08:15:53 UTC 2016

hi,

Recently I used spice as remote viewer with Qemu, it's powerful.
Compared with freerdp, the video player, only support media player, it's
limited, and I get yours MediaRedirection(
https://www.spice-space.org/page/Features/MediaRedirection), it's cost much
CPU usage, seems is too heavy. So I want to base your design. and change a
little, to develop another one, here is my mind.
1. Guest OS have a media server that communicate with spice server.
2. Guest OS can support and developed video player communicate with media
server(player send demux data and its position & size to spice client via
spice server, and other control command).
3. Spice client decode data and playing.

seems this make network much heavy, but it's not a limited condition in
local area network, nowadays, much better than heavy CPU usage.

Also, it' 's bring concern to me, I've read your code against spice gtk
client.
1. I cannot follow the client design flow, I only got the first input
dialog and main channel, the display and audio and so on make me lost,
cannot find their entries.
2. Is't there should add a video channel, but don't know how to operate.
3. How to make the media server in Guest OS contact with spice server.

It's really big problems in my desk, could you share some blog or WIKI for
me related with my issue.

Kenny,
Best Regards