[Spice-devel] folder passthrough with spice webdavd

christof.ebe at t-online.de christof.ebe at t-online.de
Sat Dec 17 10:49:39 UTC 2016

Regards to all members of the list, I am new to the list.

I would like to ask you to countercheck my spice-webdavd configuration. I am using a win 7 ultimate 64 guest on a kubuntu 16.10 Yakkety 64 bit host with spice kvm qemu libvirt virtmanager.
viostor and net are installed from virtio win 0.1.100, missing additions installed from Spice guest tools, spice webdavd vers 2 (1.24 tried before without success). I already tried several hints from your lists archive, e.g. Restart of spice-webdavd service (is up and running, restarts from cmd Admin without any error), took care of Admin privileg, etc.
Used map-drive.bat: net use * http://localhost:9843/ ends with system error 67 „net path not found“, REG ADD finished successfully.

XML entry is formed by virtmanager:

<channel type='spiceport'>
      <source channel='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.spice-space.webdav.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='2'/>
    </channel>

 netstat -an on the Host

Any item for TCP and Port :9843 is missing

 netstat -an on the guest

Proto Lokale Adresse Remoteadresse Status
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:5357 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:9843 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:49152 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:49153 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:49154 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:49155 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP 0.0.0.0:49156 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:135 [::]:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:5357 [::]:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:49152 [::]:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:49153 [::]:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:49154 [::]:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:49155 [::]:0 ABHÖREN
TCP [::]:49156 [::]:0 ABHÖREN

Thank you for your help. Regards Christof Ebentheuer